PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 24th Nov 2011, 03:52
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder why focus press had the spare capacity on a Saturday morning to take a job like this? Did they know it was coming? Had they been put on notice on previous weeks also?
There is no other explanation than a week or so advance notice was given and had the letters printed off before he made that fateful decision on 29 October. It would be impossible for AJ to wake Saturday morning, convene a phone hook-up meeting with the board at 1030 and advise them of his decision to ground the fleet and lockout the workers, then call Focus Press and say "Hey, I need 9,000 letters (with individual's names and addresses) printed pronto in the next half-hour to hour", placed in QANTAS envelopes (I still have mine), then sent to couriers around the country to be delivered to the recipient recalcitrant employees by the next day at the latest.

I received my notice of IA termination two days after the event by way of express post.

Unfortunately, nothing will come of this but more cyberspace and print media being taken up with what should be done to AJ for what he did to the company, its customers and the government.