PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Domestic - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 16:27
bjkamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAM/QANTAS ASSESSMENT DAY 23.11.2011

Hi Everyone,

I have applied for MAM BNE Base, went to Sydney yesterday 23.11.2011 for AD, and had the best time ever. To make your application run the smoothest as possible, you need to take ALL of the required docs listed on your confirmation letter that you receive one you register for an assessment day, including your references. If you dont bring them, it just holds up your application. Attending the day, is the ex-Qantas/MAM head recruiter, 2 LH CSM's A Qantas Cabin Crew Supervisor, a SH CSM, a Qantas recruiter who is ex cabin crew, and the head of recruitment for Qantas. They are all really really lovely. The starts as following -
1. Fill in reg form, submit your photo and have your height checked
2. Group Activity 1
3. 15 minute break
4. Group Acitivy 2 - Change Table so you do your second group acitivity with a differerent group of people.
5. You then are given 10 minutes to write a paper about yourself, answering two questions.
6. Lunch - The nervous wait for the text message to say if you are coming back for the panel interview. My group of people that I had lunch with, we waited about 30 mins. - WOOHOO I was successful.
7. Go back and discover that out of the 50 people that started in the morning, only about 20 people made it to panel.
8. Presentation - pay rates, what your are entitled to etc etc.
9. One by one, the panel interview start - usually around 20-30 mins - during panel, you are asked 5 questions - "Can you tell us about a time when you had to...............

Whilst panels are happening, you just wait in the main room with everyone else, and you sit with the CSM, and get your documentation checked off.

TIPS - BE YOURSELF, DONT TRY AND BE SOMETHING THAT YOU ARE NOT, THEY WILL SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU. RELAX, ITS PRETTY INFORMAL, THEY UNDERSTAND EVERYONE IS NERVOUS - SO DONT WORRY ABOUT SWEATING AND THE NERVES, TAKE YOUR JACKETS OFF ETC. THE PANELS ARE PRETTY RELAXED. FORGET EVERYTHING THAT YOUR FRIENDS HAVE TOLD YOU.

PROCESS -
1. AD
2. REF CHECKS
3. FIRST REVIEW (EVERYONE AT QANTAS AND MAM REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION WITH A FINE TOOTH COMB)
4. MEDICAL
5. SECURITY CHECK COMES BACK AND IS ASSESSED
6. FINAL REVIEW (SAME PROCESS AS THE FIRST REVIEW
7. OFFERED GROUND SCHOOL IN SYDNEY 7 WEEKS NO SOCIAL LIFE)
8. IF SUCCESSFUL AT GROUND SCHOOL YOU ARE OFFERED CONTRACT "C"

FLYING PAY RATE IS AWESOME, THE ALLOWANCES ARE AWESOME, THERE IS SOME STAFF DISCOUNTS.

IF YOU REALLY WANT IT, YOU WILL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE.

GROUND SCHOOLS - DECEMBER 2011 - FULL, JANUARY - 2012 FILLING FAST, 5 GROUND SCHOOLS IN FEB 2012. AS OF 24TH NOVEMBER THEY WERE LOOKING FOR 200 PPL, AND THEY HAVE FOUND 100 SO FAR. TODAY IS THE LAST AD FOR THE YEAR - 24.11.2011.

I REALLY THINK THAT I ACED IT, I HAVE WANTED THIS SINCE I WAS 5 YEARS OLD.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE