PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maintenance Standards
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2002, 08:16
PondLifeMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Hello all,

I wonder if the real point of this thread is pointing to the toothlessness of the CAA?

When it comes to Engineers they are purveyors of half measures and half truths.

Look at AWN 47 for example. If the CAA can regulate and control the duty day and rest periods of Pilots then why cant they do the same for us? Instead of producing a document that lays down limitations they produce one full of double speak and inconsistencies.

I also think that we are often our own worst enemies. A colleague has just told me that a couple of months ago he worked an AOG for 36 hours straight. By the time the problem was solved he could hardly stand up. I've done it myself, eleven days on working from the nightstop departure in the morning to the nightstop arrival in the evening (06:00- 23:00). We probably all have similar stories.

Its almost impossible for us to regulate ourselves because of the type of people we are (the Aeroplane must go/stick with it to the end).

We need the CAA to regulate us PROPERLY otherwise there will be an accident. And who will be left dangling at the end of he noose? Your manager? Your chief executive? I dont think so!

PLM

Edited for poor spelling..... D'oh!