PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA28 ditched off Guernsey
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 20:17
maxred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slight thread drift I know, but this topic has enlarged, therefore:-

I am a member of The American Bonanza Society, a community who has at its heart the promotion of Beechcraft aircraft, the continuance of the Beech fleet, and most importantly, safety through communication.

web site American Bonanza Society, worth a peek. The crux however, is the BPPP. It is a pilot proficiency programme which offers type specific training for people new to the fleet, i.e you buy a Baron, it can come with 10 or xxx hours BPPP.

You buy a Bonanza, it again can come with BPPP. Yes, it is run in the States only, BUT, it is the premise and concept that is bold. It is also is run with superbly qualified instructors and individuals who wish to impart training and knowledge, specific to type. These are complex aircraft, and the recognition that they are, is the first step. Too many people buy an aeroplane, think they can get in and fly, and fail totally to not only understand the issues surrounding the complexity, but how to get the thing in the air or back on the ground, safely. Incidents such as this tragic event, again bring to the fore the discussion of safety. No amount of training/experience/relevence can be too much. IMHO.