PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deciding between Bristol and Oxford groundschool
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 19:42
Graham@IDC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point I'm making isn't snide Halfway back. If you knew anything at all about the state of pilot recruitment and the current concerns of airlines you'd understand that there is almost universal concern amongst them that a straight set of first time ATPL theory passes is no longer a reliable indicator of an essential basic level of aviation knowledge.

Consequently airlines need to look for other indicators of basic competence - particularly given the startling percentage of TRTO fails attributable to lack of basic understanding of aircraft systems and how they work.

It's important for readers of this forum to appreciate that they mustn't take short cuts in their training whether they study with Oxford, Bristol, Padpilot, CATS or whoever.

Given that some schools (UK and European) encourage the short cut approach its all the more important that prospective students are alive to the risks.

Finally Halfwayback I have never made any attempt to hide my connections, past and present, to various training and aviation organisations as you seem to be implying. Quite the contrary in fact.

Last edited by Graham@IDC; 23rd Nov 2011 at 20:05.