PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines to London/Gatwick
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 14:47
Dogstick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont worry chaps, I know a few of the mainly antipodean disgruntled few who were in HKA in the early days, the fact AAI mentions he was there before pinpoints himself with a fairly mediocre aviation background as the guys recruited in the early days were really picked from all corners mainly low hour guys with little or no jet experience, those days HKA were really desperate and this chap was one of them. His bleating on about economic viability of premium routes and hull loss probability is utter ignorance from an individual who himself was recruited at the bottom end of the job market all those years ago.
Unfortunately guys like him and the others who were in the 73 HKA ops in the beggining all have a degree of bitterness as the airline is now moving on,pulling quality crew in...unfortunately he left the boat thinking it was about to sink and it must hurt to see it booming.
Its obvious as these guys (AAI and HKfooey) though moved on in new ventures are still trawling these pages...only those with regret would take such an avid interest now..chaps move on and enjoy your new jobs,m those that are in there now, many from reputable backgrounds are quite happy with the conditions which with the new package is quite above the average CX/KA salary although admittedly from my drinking chums who are skippers there, the housing allowance needs a top up for HK standards.

I hope the premium route does do well, according to planning its a viable idea and I hope it remains that way as I will jumping on it to London at least once a month if the costing is less than CX.