PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 13:03
greywind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MJS23 - yep you can work a second job the contract states that you can't do any other work that is flying based and it's difficult unless it's really flexible work. You don't know what you're doing each month until the 15th before - not the easiest to work hours around.
Personally I worked as a web designer and was already set up for freelance work so I've done that on quiet months as it's easy to work from home and fit around stuff - I doubt many people are so lucky, certainly no one I know of.

In reply to a few earlier posts
stevop21 - yes you can swap shifts but it's not as straight forward as it seems. You can only swap standby or rest days and even then it has to fit nicely with other duties - I've had 3 of 3 swap requests denied last month.

Flies-like-a-chicken - Time to EZY from finishing, no idea. It was a year when I did it but I think it's come down a bit now.

MJS23
Did you hear of anyone getting UK cadet or direct entry contracts? Will you look to forfeit the loan and move airlines at the end of your 3 year contract?
There are no direct entry contacts at EZY, everyone goes onto flexicrew and the only people who get contracts elsewhere as far as I know, have done so off their own backs.
By forfeiting the loan I assume you are referring the bond that EZY pay to cover the rest of the TR costs? In that case if you leave before 3 years at EZY then you get a bill for the remaining costs, the amount decreases by rates set in your contract. If you get a full time contract at EZY (that includes EZY Swiss) then this is considered to be waived and you don't have to worry about it.