PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces pension
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 12:02
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Enquires to the appropriate SME hit dead ends
And that is half the problem - the total lack of any information or even holding responses is appaling and doing nothing other than creating even more uncertainty and further dips in morale. I had the misfortune to have to ring JPAC / SVPA / whoever it is this week to ask a question about AVCs and how they might be impacted by pension changes only to be asked by the woman on the other end of the line 'what pension changes?'. When I suggested that pension changes were afoot in light of the Hutton report, they denied all knowledge and suggested I was mistaken as they hadn't been briefed.

So those that should know don't and those that you would hope might know at least in which direction things are going are remaining silent without so much as an update or indication of what is being considered. Given that level of uncertainty, people will just take what they have and walk if an IP at an option point is the only concrete information they have. Out of interest, has there been any announcement on when we might get an update? Only asking because as part of the diaspora, I generally receive the IBNs about 2 weeks after they have ceased to be meaningful or relevant.