View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 11:34
SDB73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IO540

I want to make something clear.

Apart from ...

most ME failures of an engine that happen during cruise go unreported
... which I don't see how you could support with stats, (as they're unreported!)...

I thought your last post was you at your best. It was considered, informative, had some interesting counterintuitive points made in it, and was on the whole factual or stated clearly as opinion.

I have read many of your posts of the years, some of which have been incredibly interesting and helpful - as is your website - and for this I have thanked you personally (PM) in the past as well as on here.

My initial response to you was not because I "didn't like your post(s)", it was merely a question as to whether you could provide the stats you stated, as a member of this community who would like to know the truth.

Since then, you avoided answering that question, and then started getting shirty with me, with bold text berating me for not putting enough effort into the thread.

Please be clear, that my concern is not whether I like / dislike you or your posts, my concern is that I have seen too many people believe statements like yours on forums and then go off and waste a load of money or make other poor decisions. In this case, those decisions could cost someone their / their loved ones life, so I just felt it important to seek clarity.