PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces pension
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 07:59
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Short Lift Wet
Suspect you mean Biggin Hill. It's quite famous.

I clearly remember venturing in an interview that a 16 year commission suited me as it not only demonstrated commitment on my part, but would be rewarded with a pension. This was met with the absolute approval of the lady interviewing me. And of course from that day on every single person you have ever met has either told you the truth or told you things will never change

Of course if you did mean Biggen Hill I apologise profusely. Was that an establishment where 54 year olds expressed dismay at the attitude of youngsters from the safety of being 9 years inside the 'won't be touched' criteria?
Apologies for the spelling mistake, it would seem that a combination of the pub to watch footy as Mrs SFFP held some sort of Candle Party and IPad with it's ability to compulsory spool chuck has caught me out.

20 or so years ago when I went through it was also the place where rigorous testing of candidates was carried out with regard to a whole bunch of differing criterion including aptitude. Clearly if some folk think Prune is the font of all knowledge on this subject and that a verbal promise given all those years ago was somehow set in tablets of stone the entrance bar must have lowered some what over the years.