PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 06:29
AQIS Boigu

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Boxerpilot,

Thanks for your reply - as you can judge yourself by the questions asked our own HR people are concerned if the C scale is working - therefore I really wonder if you should pursue CX if you got other options.

You have an excellent plan and strategy in place by looking at a quick A320 command in Singapore which is good BUT you can't bank on EK taking you as a DEC on a WB jet with A320 time in five years time - Etihad and Qatar will put you on their own 320s as a DEC and then you can progress to a WB command there. I believe your master plan to gain a WB command in the Middle East via SIN is definitely more favorable to a pilot with your age.

You are in the lucky position with your experience to be able to give CX a pass whilst the majority of the kids on this forum claim the can't (although they can, they are just too lazy).

btw...for the Canadians - I rather live on $38.5k in YVR or YTO than HKG...at least it's home...plus AC's payscale goes up quite rapidly after two years whilst CX's doesn't.

Good luck,
AB