PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 03:57
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Run to the hills

Qantas Responses to questions on notice have been posted onto the aph website.
Apart from the carefully worded responses apparently Jetstar need additional time to compile the rosters that Senator X asked for.
Kelpie, you are spot on. How long does it take to reproduce the rosters? I made a post almost immediately when the Senator asked the roster questions of Brucey, and I suggested that any staff who had copies or originals better hide them or save them, or forward them through to Senator Xenophon, I am hoping they did.

They were worried about what the Pilots and Engineers would do - oh hang on, we (Engineers) were performing work packages on the aircraft they were worried about on Saturday and Sunday.
Aveng I couldnt agree more, why were Engineers still allowed to work when the whole 'grounding/lockout'whatever you wish to call it, was actioned due to supposed safety concerns?

Lads, was I was the last one to know that the lead singer in Iron Maiden, Bruce Dickinson, is a senior airline capt.? Hows that for moonlighting! Off subject I know but thought it would give you some cause for optimism, thats if you can sing of course.
TG, great band, one of the true pioneers of the metal movement, Bruce went from a love of one type of metal to another. Now if only QF would play some onboard music like Iron Maiden, Dead Kennedys, Judas Priest and early Black Sabbath!
Incidentally, 'Eddie the beast master' reminds me of Wirthless. Same stylist.

Last edited by gobbledock; 23rd Nov 2011 at 04:11.