PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Complaints to the CAA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 19:44
AlexanderH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An e-petition is maybe something to be considered down the line.
I think firstly a draft should be written out explaining all grievances and issues and to have each pilot who agrees to this to add their name and signature to the list.
From all the people I have spoken to about this or who have raised various issues this number must be in the vast hundreds at least.

The500man is correct, pilots on the whole do seem to be of the smile-while-kicked-in-the-balls personality types and that is the exact reason why I satrted this thread to see if something for once could be done about it rather than just moaning and ignoring the issue.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to just forget about it and say "oh well" but that isn't right either.

Regarding the scheme of charges, no breakdown is ever explained at to where this cost goes. The other day I happened to overhear one of the CPL examiners on the phone to one of his colleagues and the conversation went a little something like this,

"I don't know if we can justify increasing out charges yet again for practical exams as they are already pretty high, however, I don't see any other option if the CAA are prepared to increase their admin fees again".

I have to say given the amount of times I have heard complaints against the CAA for one reason or another I was suprised that this thread has had a modestly succesful turnout in comments but not the figure I was hoping for. Since it is so lacklustre here I don't see much point in creating a petition against the CAA unless pilots are prepared to get of their backsides and actually raise a point in this issue. So please if you have some kind of complaint whatever it is can you please note it on this thread.