PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 19:27
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Err, so I now need the the permission of KLM, in triplicate, before I can take an Easy flight to AMS and pick up a flight there?
Where was your last job - North Korea?
No sir, I mean no one does it as you have to pay two fares instead of one and re-check your bags. That's why no one flies loco to long haul legacy, or very few in comparison with KL, LH and AF's own services. I have explained the commercial reality and passenger behaviour. Do you have evidence that loads of people do this as I have seen little cross my desk?
Again, please stop insulting me, I am trying to explain the commercial position and why the market behaves in such away. Perhaps the view from LA is not entirely up to speed given your admission above you have never even flown on a loco. Perhaps you don't know everything?
Err, you cannot do autolands at LCY.... Is that clear enough for you? A smokey candle will close LCY.
A smokey candle won't close LCY but the fog you claim to be "imaginary" has done so on several nights this week. A real pilot would not be so flippant.
A 747-400 has a TOFL of 3,000m, which is already 300m beyond the run of the outer runways at CDG (not sure of the clearways there).

But if you think any airline is going to allow you to spool up to max thrust, instead of de-rating on the 4,000 m runway just next door, you have another think coming. And if you think that any old pilots (rather than bold pilots) are going to line up on 2,700 m, when there is 4,000 m right next door, you are again very much mistaken.

If you were a pilot (and I know you are not) you would be out of the door in a trice, together with choice comments from the flight safety, engineering and financial departments.
I have at no time claimed to be a pilot, my profile clearly states this. I will ask you again to account for the safe operation of Virgin Atlantic, British Airways. Lufthansa, KLM and Air Canada, all of which I have seen with my own eyes leave Glasgow GLA/EGPF off the main runway of 2665m with space to spare on the B747-400. The VS operation is a twice weekly GLA-MCO operation, and VS are not to my knowledge a cowboy outift in regards to passenger safety.

I really think it is clear you are a simmer wannabe, as these are real life examples of real pilots doing something you say is "interesting" blatantly implying in some way unsafe.