PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for some Advice on moving?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 19:22
zondaracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OAD,

I am correct, you are still wrong.

the same is with all the countries which are not EU but have agreements, Iceland, Norway, Andorra, San Marino, and some more.
The main advantage of having an EU passport or norwegian, andorrean, icelandic, etc.,
You are correct about Iceland and Norway, but you are wrong about Andorra, San Marino, and Monaco (you previously mentioned). Andorra, San Marino, and Monaco are not part of the EU, nor are they part of the EEC/EEA. They do not have agreements to allow EU citizens to live and work. You can visit for 90 days with an EU passport. Look it up. I know what I am talking about. The only thing that I ¨don´t know the ins and outs¨ of is Italians living in San Marino. But as a Spanish citizen, or UK citizen, and many other EU citizens, they can not live and work in San Marino. Look it up. I suggest you do your research and don´t comment unless you know what you´re talking about, like I do.
About CPL, unless you have 1500 hs. and some more requirements, you always need training and theory course before you do the practical exams,
Not correct again. If you hold an ICAO non-JAR CPL, there are no flight training minimums for a JAA CPL. You have to satisfy the requirements for license issue and pass the checkride, but there are no flight time requirements. Have you done a non-JAA to JAA conversion for a CPL? Because I have, and I know what I´m talking about. I suggest you read JAR-FCL 1.

this guy looking for advice is just starting, he can't be a captain.
He has a 5 to 7 year plan and he already has a flying job. He might be a captain.

I know what the law says, and make sure you provide correct information, not incorrect information.

OAD, don´t be so negative. People come here for advice and for help, not to be shot down by people like you. They also come here looking for correct information, not misinformation.

By the way, I also find Canada quite lovely, but I much prefer living in Europe.

To the OP, feel free to PM me about moving to Spain/southern Europe.

Last edited by zondaracer; 23rd Nov 2011 at 14:32.