PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 18:24
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silverstrata - please answer

The point is that it is now easier to interline via CDG or AMS, because many low cost carriers go there and you can easily pick up your long haul fight. Thus LHR is loosing out big time, because it has no more capacity to take the smaller and lower cost feeder airlines. And if LHR is losing out, then so (eventually) is the City of London and the UK as a whole.
This is fundametally wrong, and as a commercial analysis it's nonsense. Do you know that locos do not interline with legacy long haul? People are not booking an easyJet flight to fly KLM from AMS, I know this, I work in the commercial side of the industry. Where did you get this idea? As I stated above, only legacies interline and have been doing so for decades, AF, KL and LH etc etc.
If you don't want to be shot down in flames, then don't overfly the flak batteries
Feel free, you're supposedly a commercial aviator but expressed concern at a B747 going off the outer runways at CDG. I want you, to explain why the given distance I quoted above is a concern to you but works OK for Virgin, Air Canada, BA et al.
Eh??? Your getting close to the flak batteries again. We are talking international interlining here.
Just to repeat, the locos you quote, do not interline with long haul.
** They are called Lo-Co flyers for obvious reasons. I would not step on one, but then many people simply gravitate to the cheapest routes.
Yet you present yoursef as knowledgable enough to comment on the business but er....haven't flown one?
How the hell do you think you can do a Cat IIIb autoland from a 6 degree glideslope onto an 1100m runway of half width ?!?

Think about it, Skippy, think about it.
Again, please take the time to read what is being said to you. I comment on LCY go arounds to support the presence of fog on the Thames, something you present as "imaginary". It clearly is not and this has been put to you by numerous people.
Hey, Jabird, this is a 70-year project. For planning purposes, all of Europe is domestic.
No, it really isn't, only someone of breathtaking ignorance would think so. Ask the Swiss or the Norwegians if they agree.
I seriously don't understand how you can be a commercial airline pilot if you're worried about a B747 going off those outer runways at CDG giventhe stated length. You also don't understand the traffic pattern yet you claim to have flown through it? Added to the fact you were caught out misrepresenting your age, you don't add up sir. You're becoming more incredible by the minute. Feel free to open the flak batteries.