PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 17:44
Nick Thomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winniebago. All the money raised on different aviation tax is already accounted for. So spending it on a new airport will result in further cuts elsewhere. Not very likely.
globetrotter2 you idea re rail links is in my view a good one. What is needed is an integrated transport policy that takes account of all the different interests, ie road,rail and aviation.
A project the size of the proposed Thames airport would require consideration of the transport issues, but also socio economic, environmental issues etc. I guess Silvestrata will claim that this is a New Labour philosophy. I disagree, we have a history since the second world war of taking account of these issues. Most of the population don't give a dam about aviation and why should they. So if you wish to spend £50 billion of public funds you will need to produce a very convincing case. Something SS has failed to do especially as his answer to any criticism of his views tends to either insult the poster, or post photos of planes landing. I know that SS will disagree with my views as am an Architect and therefore not only brain dead but also of questionable sanity.
To have any hope of persuading people to back the Thames airport proposal SS you will have to stop insulting people but rather listen to their views, something you have shown little willingness to do so far.