PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 15:35
boxerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK/QR and 1st Stage TT

Thanks AB,

Well noted points, that is truly correct with the situation. For guys out there who still have thoughts that you will see a pay increase or overseas basing, its not gonna happen anytime soon. Timelines for upgrades may be long now coming out of the GFC and with the new aircraft coming in, bums in seats are already a problem. I hear that the Check and Training department as well as the simulator instructors as maxed out.

Had my 1st stage initial for TT yesterday in HK. Basically for guys on the 14 week programme only require to do a 30 Question Tech quiz in 30 mins and the standard interview with HR and a Training Captain. If selected. They will fly u and accommodate you for 2 nights if you are flying from anywhere closer than Oz and if you are further, u are given 3 nights with one night to recover from jetlag.

Questions were the same in general with what was posted. I had the Airbus 340 model.

Things to note :
1. Know the Aircraft that's parked in front of CX city.
2. Know the plan for A350XWB and what it may mean to the Airbus operators
3. Who is the competition to CX and what would be its business challenges. Know what competitor airlines are buying and how that may impact business
4. HR will be very concerned with your views on the 'C' scale (not openly called that) salary and would want to know how you will survive on that
5. If family is not traveling with you - how will you manage fatigue with commuting
6. If you are with the military - Would you stay in the military if you were promoted tomorrow and why not
7. For guys with instructional experience - Why would you not consider a simulator instructor job as the package is much better - (Currently still in B scale)

AB,
Finally, Its not JQ but JS that I would be going to. Jetstarasia. The challenge operating out of Singapore next year would be the launch of Scoot from SQ as well as Airasia's partnership with Malaysian Airlines for a premium business airline (I think its called Caterham Airlines or the likes) Not to mention Qantas announcement to start RedQ in KL or Singapore. With all that competition planned next year. There will be contest with JS. All being said and done, it does intrigue me with the notion the EK will be looking for A320 Captains. But aren't there many out there as well? Do you have further insights into this process and what is the going rate for EK employment in terms of requirements and experience.

Oh yeah - They did make a mistake of making me take the Reasoning test by mistake. The HR lady thought it was required. Its still the Raven 1962 Reasoning test Set. Thats all i remembered as you are given 5 minutes to do set 1 which are 12 questions and 40 minutes to do set 2 which comprised of 36 questions.

For the older guys, age did not come up, but from some of the other posts, they seem to let the guys go through till the last stage and didnt take them. Well I will update the forum and see if all the 'rumours' that they cant find people to fill the seats are really true.

Keep the posts and comments going.
Cheers