PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew
Thread: BA Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 11:16
Matt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuchinchow
I wonder if Matt101 was having an off day, whether he was "tired and emotional", or just behaving normally when he told us:

Well, if your attitude to paying passengers is indicative of the rest of BA's cabin crew, in future I will:

Oh no, I forgot: Matt101 is no longer employed by BA. If he has the effrontery to declare

there can be little wonder as to why he is no longer employed by British Airways. With an attitude like that towards his employer and its customers he really must have been a wonderful asset to the cabin crew community.
Thanks for your reply, If you re read my post you'll see that I pointed out that i never believed that the way the crew handled the problems were correct I merely laid out the reasons why I feel some crew act the way they do now.

The posts on this forum go little way in convincing me that dealing with the British Customer of today and a management watching the profit line sometimes to the detriment of product as a route cause is a misconception.

Not that it really matters but I left BA voluntarily for a role in aviation I preferred however I would be happy to share a number of positive letters BA received naming me whilst I was at BA as well as my employee reviews. I loved the job and the Brand and for the most part passengers are great, but I maintain the go to attitude of many people these days when dissappointed is rudness and diatribe. I believe this is a route cause of a lot of the sour faces people claim to see onboard.

Being sworn at because you've run out of a product the company have been repeatedly told is in constant shortage does nothing to endear you to the management or certain pax. I managed to smile through it others don't I suppose.

I replied to the thread because I felt 4 pages of people being rude about crew without someone attempting to explain some reasons behing the attitude you encountered was unbalanced... that and I had some wine....