PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 05:44
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liar liar pants on fire

It is always interesting studying video footage, body language and a person's reaction when they are asked straight forward questions and they are trying to hide something.
Perhaps the readers of this thread could do the examine the full interview as posted by TIMA9X and ponder over this analogy and make their own conclusions:

a) A statement with a contraction is more likely to be truthful: “I didn't do it” instead of “I did not do it" . Notice any shortened statements ?

b) A guilty person gets defensive. An innocent person will often go on the offensive. Was somebody at times getting defensive?
c) A liar is uncomfortable facing his questioner/accuser and may turn his head or body away. Was somebody turning/tilting their head at times?
d) A liar will use your words to make answer to a question. When asked, “Did you eat the last cookie?” The liar answers, “No, I did not eat the last cookie.” Notice any answers containing the questioners wording?
e) Words may be garbled and spoken softly, and syntax and grammar may be off. In other words, their sentences will likely be muddled rather than emphasized. Notice any of that?

f) Physical expression will be limited and stiff, with few arm and hand movements. Hand, arm and leg movement are toward their own body so that the liar takes up less space. Notice any closed off actions, hunching and almost cradling the desk at times?

g) Eyes down right – For example, you have a neighbour who owes you some money. You find out that they just got paid and you want to suggest that they pay you back the money they owe you. But you are trying to be polite so you ask them, "Hey buddy did you get paid yet?" Their response is "Sorry, not yet. I don’t get paid for two more weeks” and they look to their right (your left). This would indicate that they are constructing or "making up" a lie.
h) Liars sometimes avoid lying by not making direct statements. They imply answers rather than deny something directly. Need I say any more??