PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened to security in Kabul if you go tech on a flydubai aircraft
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 04:20
Flyer1015

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"MEL is for guidance”

Seriously folks, I can’t believe what i’m reading! Big Geordie is spot on.

If the MEL says not to dispatch, it is not then up to you to make a decision on whether or not to agree with it.

Do you honestly think the company would back you if you then got into difficulties due to dispatching with a defect, which the MEL clearly states do not dispatch?
LOL! No disagreement there. But we were not arguing whether or not we disregard what an MEL book states. ONCE the MEL is open, you must follow it. For you to consider the MEL means you have a started an open write up yourself. The point I was making is there could be an occasion where going out of a war zone and taking care of an issue later (write up later) could be a potential solution. And lets be honest, if you've been in airline ops for any decent amount of time (5+ years) you have seen that. Your push-to-talk swtich not working? How many people actually write it up and fix it at an out station, as oppose to just flying back to base and then "finding" out it doesn't work? It can happen, and it does.