PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 01:32
73to91

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Again, it wouldn't surprise me if they had booked hotel rooms for the preceding week
I asked another former employee about this Keg, i.e. what hotel rooms does QF need to book? crew accommodation ? already done. Other staff on duty travel? not the volumes that have been mentioned surely. What about a delayed flight tonight? but that is or would hopefully be 1 flight in 1 city?

The JetSet Travel group of which Qantas Holidays is part of would book many room nights everyday but that is NOT Qantas, so again, what hotel rooms does QF need to book.

Surely the 3 unions involved in the current dispute can get their feelers out as 'someone' in the company must know the truth.

dragon man said,
heard a story yesterday of someone who works in flight ops who was going to Melbourne the weekend of the grounding. This was on the Tuesday. His manager said dont go but wouldnt elaborate. Later he saw a very very senior pilot and asked his opinion. The answer was the same , dont go, but wouldnt elaborate. You add in the CC manager sent to Lax on the Friday with United and the courier drivers i think its fair to say it was pre planned.
Were any other staff/sections asked on the Thursday or Friday to work overtime on the Sunday? there must have and I'd say res staff and terminal staff would have been asked? You'd think that there would be staff who would be happy to say so.