PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Management
Thread: Management
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 00:34
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raven,

As a matter of fact, I do consider myself intelligent. Is that is excessively arrogant to you coming from a lowly B scaler? More importantly however, I am principled and live life with conviction. This seems to be the area A scalers were/are lacking.

It does not take intelligence to unite when being attacked, just gumption and common sense. JW and the committee made a few ballsy calls, and you guys went running for cover. Those are the facts. As a group, you did not stand behind the AOA or the 49ers. Instead, everyone got scared and the wheels of CX aircraft kept turning. WEAK!!! At least call in unfit due stress. For ****'s sake! Get a doctor's note if you needed to CYA.

Unless you have served honorably on the committee, I have done more than you for "improving our lot". I have not had the opportunity to put my job in the line, but I believe I would not faulter if it was required. I was fully prepared to enter rigid CC one year ago if asked. I voted for both motions last year and preferred this pilot group be tested right away. Unfortunately, the membership chose the more conservative option. That said, I must admit that I am insure how we would have performed as a group if the AOA had asked.

That is where the utter failure of effective A scale leadership (and followership) during the 90s and early 00s rears its ugly head. No matter how united the rest of the pilot group may be, we all know there are several hundred pilot at the top of the list whom have failed in the past and are clearly only interested in protecting themselves into retirement (Número Crunchero being the only exception I have met).

With respect to being a "nice guy", I have every confidence you would enjoy flying with me if you haven't already. Unless of course, you started spewing all this weak defense of the A scaler garbage. You guys pooched it. We know it. You know it. Why not just learn from it and do better next time? Because there will be a next time. I just hope you guys are gone when it happens...

Last edited by cxorcist; 22nd Nov 2011 at 01:47.