PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there REALLY a shortage of LAE's?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 20:09
grounded27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Also pilots do not usually criticize one another in public engineers queue up to do it.
man you nailed it on the head, I am happy to be with a group who does not do this much but as I referenced before having experience as a flight mech I have seen 2 grown men act like children in the cockpit to go as far as to say endangered our lives slapping each other on final yet walk off the aircraft looking like dignified professionals. This was an extreme experience but the truth is those guys do a good job of not airing their dirty laundry and maintain a wonderful public image.

I have seen AMT's on the other hand brag about themselves or complain about others (usually a combination of both) in front of everyone, esp MGT looking for a leg up. Hell I now spend less energy fixing aircraft and more energy working on my self image for the betterment of the craft. I do not brag when I find a 3 month old smoking gun, I do not talk about the people I work with when they screw up. I do always refer to the person(s) I am working with as us, "we fixed it". I do give praise any chance I can "we had been working this pig for 12 hours and Johnny here found wire XXX shorted at this location"

Having said all that I really wish there were more AMT's/LAME's out their like me!!!!!

Last edited by grounded27; 21st Nov 2011 at 20:25.