PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 21st Nov 2011, 19:31
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, its hard to believe the bloke got up Sat morning, had a scratch, a coffee, a bit of vege on toast, and then thought, I think I will ground Qantas today, that should put the cat amongst the pidgeons for those pesky unions, see how those overpaid bus drivers like being stranded OS. Yep I will do it, picks up phone, gives the order to the amazed person on other end of line, finishes toast, gives press interview, starts to become uncomfortable as entire nation goes ballistic. Realises bitten off more than he can chew, as the interviews heat up, so does the sweating, and then it finally dawns on him being born outside this country, did not give him the same affection for the Icon that Australians have, if QF is flying all is well, and with one phone call he took away the nations comfort blanket. Outraged population, stranded PAX, well what did he expect? And one huge lesson staring him in the face from 89, what happens to this country when its airlines are not functioning and he choose to ignore it. What a complete and absolute tosser and liar.