PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 21st Nov 2011, 19:18
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joyce own admission is that the Board had no involvement in the decision to ground the airline. So may I please ask:
What is the use or purpose of the board and all those remuneration packages they greedily absorb in the same manner a pig absorbs feed out of a trough? I see a huge saving in costs alone just there, if you don't need them then punt them.
Don't some of those same board members also supposedly provide 'safety advice' to the executive team as part of their role, and if that is the case what level of safety advice could they either advise or have input in if they supposedly didn't even know what was going to take place that Saturday?
To date all these decisions that have been actioned call in to question the honesty, integrity and ability of the accountable CEO, so that has an impact on the airlines AOC, what are CASA doing, apart from sitting on their thumbs?????

And finally, dear Senators, are you really prepared to allow this CEO to continue making a mockery of you by his playing this little game of cat and mouse with you? I am hopeful that you are merely giving him enough rope, but it might be time to reel him in?
Remember, there is such a thing as risk, and as long as the game continues the risks grow higher.