PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 18:12
chrisN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grity, I’m glad you posted that again – don’t know how to find the first posting easily.

I tried what you said. I think it serves to confirm something Retired F4 sent to me in a pm (he said I could refer to it here if I wished). He came up with a rationale for what PF was doing, and why.

While I understand F4’s detailed analysis, the amplitude of the SS movements (at M. 0.80-0.82) seemed to some other commentators, and to PNF if I understand his remarks correctly, to be inappropriately large or rapid. Again, ATPL’s and AB drivers particularly would comment better than I could. I know that my much slower glider, like most or all gliders, has an envelope that prohibits full control deflection at VNE or speeds approaching it. I would have thought that some limitation would apply equally to airliners – unless “Hal” protects regardless of what the SS calls for. (Sorry, but I get too easily lost in what still works in alt1, alt 2 and direct. I understand when people spell it out, but can’t remember in between times.)

Chris N