PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for some Advice on moving?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 17:50
OAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving to Europe is hard if you don't have an EU passport or the way of geting a working permit. With little variations in every country, to get a working permit is not that easy, some countries can grant it with a job offer, in aviation there are not job offers for that, you can try with another activity until you get the work permit, but that activity can not have people unemployed in order to give a working permit to a foreigner, you have 27 countries plus the countries with agreements with EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, and some more, wich are not EU but join same policies, just you have to notice that Spain for example has 22% unemployment, veeeeeery hard to get a job!!!!
If you have european background, check it in the embassy of the country/s of your ancestors, if you have the right, can take a little while, 2 or 3 years, but at the end you will have an EU passport, with the right to live in all 27 EU countries plus the others, which are not EU but have agreements, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Monaco, San Marino, Andorra, and some more. If you don't have an EU passport, but you get a working permit, "you can only work and recide in the country which gave you the permit", 90% of the aviation companies ask for an EU passport without restrictions, for example Romania and Bulgaria have lots of restrictions.
After you solve this if you want to work as a pilot in Europe, you need an EASA licence, you have to enroll in an FTO for a six month modular course for your EASA-CPL, after this six month course you have the right to give the 14 theory exams, 1 by one, when you finish with this 14 you can go for your CPL test, you can not go first for IR-ME test because you don't have any EASA licence to endorse them, so first CPL, then IR-ME, or all together, CPL course 25 hs. plus exam, IR-ME 11 hs. plus exam, because you give first CPL you will already have a licence so you have 5 hours credit for the IR. Also, most of the companies ask for an MCC course, up to now you already spended around 35000€, if you have to add a TR, 15000€ and up.
Conclusion, if you can't have an EU passport, 98% chances of failure in the aviation industrie, if you have an EU passport and you would like to get the chance to work as pilot, 35000€ and 75% of failure.
I was in Canada working few years, just STAY there, and go to Florida or any caribean country for sand and sun.
But, always check out if you can have an EU passport, it doesn't cost you money, just a check at the embassy of the country of your grand parents, this crisis will not last forever, and may be in 5 years and with 2000 hours flown, if you hold an EU passport, you can have the job very easy, but always need an EASA licence, that you can also do without even a work permit, you only need money and all your papers certified with "The Hague" stamp.
I hope this can help you. Ask any doubt.