PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIRTANKER
Thread: AIRTANKER
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 17:10
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Art Field
some navs had it, as did some AEOs,Engs and loadies but not all, how do you select for it?, how do you train for it?, what do you call them. I do not know but you know their value when you have one on your crew.
Not forgetting that not all pilots have it either.

The Vulcan was often called a 4-engined Jet Provost and I believe the C130 was also used to bring on young pilots. Many went on to become respected captains but not all.

It is inevitable that there will be some multi pilots that are posted to the Voyager as P2 but don't cut the mustard. Until such time as they get up to speed or get out would mean P1 would be carrying the whole load.

BEagle,

My point about the tanker going home was well answered, thank you, however I was thinking of the one before TTNs time. Unlike its predecessor it could give away ALL its fuel. Now you could actually have imagined a cold war scenario where the choices were go home leaving the fighter to go home too while the bandits followed you in, or give all your fuel to the fighter in the hope that the fight got the bandit.