PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dispatcher training?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 15:08
desertopsguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheffield School, Florida

It appears as though someone has an axe to grind with Sheffield School.

The boss has come on here refuting these allegations and I for one would like to lend my weight in the defence of his establishment.

I went there some time ago and although it was tough and kept me on my toes, the standard of instruction was excellent. Drive, determination and self application is all that you need to pass, if you lack any of those you will not make the grade; I for one have absolutely no problem with that.

Over the years I have stayed in touch with, met, worked together and hired numerous Sheffield graduates. All are doing well in their chosen careers and many attribute alot of this to the grounding they got at the school.

The airline I currently work for sends their new dispatchers there for training as the standards are impeccably high. Many other carriers also do this.

Finally, some of the other schools out there benefit from those people who don't make it through Sheffield's program. It makes me wonder if theirs is deliberately adumbrated to accommodate these people.

If there are any other Sheffield grads out there who care to back-up the place that enabled them to get a start in this business or enhanced their careers then you really should post a few words in support of E.Morris and Sheffield school.

There are two sides to ever story, you've just read the second.

D.O.G