PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 21st Nov 2011, 14:25
21stCen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan says:
So, from what I can derive from comments here and Bell regarding compressor stalls, they are normal and I, nor anyone flying accross North America should not be concerned when they hear them while flying(?!). Actually, since they are normal, passengers sould therefore expect to hear them rather than not, since that would be abnormal.
Dan,
There is a difference between a "normal problem" and a "normal occurrence." Think about it... A "normal problem" like a compressor stall can and likely has happened on every type of turbine engine being produced today, but it does not happen with great frequency. Regardless of the verbiage, I don't believe anyone is saying that it is a "normal occurrence" that should be regularly expected on a recurring basis.

The compressor stall experiences I had were rectified by a simple bleed valve adjustment!!

Talking about a ‘mole hill’ over and over will not turn it into a ‘mountain.’

Lonewolf says:
I had a few issues with 21st century's remarks some months ago about how quiet an Osprey is. (Having seen actual Ospreys in flight in Fort Worth a few years back, I noted that they make noise. There's a shocker ...

Lonewolf,
Fortunately we were able to clear up those concerns and made completely clear that the noise discussed was relative to other aircraft as attested to with firsthand experience from a fellow PPRuner observing side by side CH-53 and MV-22 repeated landings/departures as well as supplemental posted videos.

21stC