PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Complaints to the CAA
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 10:46
Warrior2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About a year ago now, I posted my application for a Rating Inclusion from the USA to the CAA.

3 Weeks later, multiple staff at the CAA told me that they did not receive my application and logbook. Due to the fact that I had posted from USPS in the States, I did not know which company the parcel arrived into the UK on.

Eventually after days of research on my behalf, I got in touch with the Royal Mail office in Crawley that delivered the parcel. The officer at Royal Mail told me that the post officer in question had been delivering mail to the CAA for over 5 years, and would not make a mistake.

I also managed to get a name of the person who signed for the package, and after the 10th conversation I had with the CAA, She told me once more they did not receive the package. When I quoted the name of the person who signed for it, she put me on hold for about 10 minutes, and came back in a nice bubbly voice, apologising ever so much. It had been misplaced in a cupboard!

They were very helpfull after that and waived the fee for the addition of the rating.