PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 08:21
silverstrata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N Thomas:
Comparing China's building programme with our's is a red herring. They are in a completely different development phase to us. Also we have a thing called democracy and large projects rightly are very closely scrutinized.

"China in a Different Development Phase".
Ah yes, I remember this - it was a New Labour buzzphrase for: "we are incapable of making a difficult decision". And with certain ministers it also implied: "we agree with the Greens that we should all go back to the Dark Ages and mud huts".

Just what the hell was the purpose of spending 10 years and £250 million on various public enquiries, when everyone knew Terminal 5 would be built anyway? A classic case of kicking a difficult decision into the long grass - almost on a par with the absurd Bloody Sunday enquiry. So T5 took 13 years to build, while China built a much larger new Beijing terminal in 2 years.

Do you think, in your heart of hearts, that the UK can maintain our standard of living and quality of life, if every tiny infrastructure project takes 13 years to build? To politicians everywhere - Rediscover your b*lls, and make a decision.

Shenzhen by night:

Dalian by night:

Chongqing by night:

etc: etc: etc: (x50)

Oh, and Birmingham by night:

Enough said, I think.

(this) has nothing to do with New Labour.
This has everything to do with New Labour.

Instead of wasting ten years doing nothing and £trillions on social engineering projects, New Labour should have been building projects like this new Thames Airport.

Where is the New Labour high speed rail network?
Where is the New Labour motorway network?
Where are the New Labour sea ports?
Where are the New Labour airports?
Where is the New Labour space agency?
Where are the New Labour nuclear power stations?
Where are any New Labour power stations?
Where is the New Labour electrical distribution network?
Where is the New Labour Thames sewer system (which is urgently needed)?

A nation does not move forward by standing still - it actually goes backwards. This is what destroyed the old USSR, which had not updated its major infrastructure for 50 years, and eventually fell apart.

Now I know that is what New Labour wanted for the UK, to undermine the fabric of the nation for Marxist ideological reasons, but it is not what the people of this country want.

As someone who has been involved with Bird Hazard Control for over 20 years, upon reading this thread my initial thoughts were to launch head long into a lecture on the subject, however it's pleasing to see Birdstrike concerns have been raised quite clearly already.

The airport is not going to be in the 'Thames estuary environment', it is going to be 'in the North Sea environment'.

Give us some details about the number of birds in the 'middle of the North Sea', between Shoeburyness and Sheerness.

Facelook:

T'was all in jest........and yes i have and do operate into both, LGW ATC are excellent, AGP (controller on the job monitoring) less so!!
Then you need to attach a /sarc tag - and I apologise. But honestly, judging by some of the defeatist comment we see here, I did think you were serious.

As an aside - I do wonder what the hell is going on when the controllers are 'on the job'. I always imagine the tower all steamed up and swaying side to side slightly.

Last edited by silverstrata; 21st Nov 2011 at 08:42.