PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paul Phelan 's latest
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 06:15
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree - completely.

Where john’s story is sad and I have a great deal of sympathy for him, the real tragedy here is that John’s cautionary tale is only the tip of the iceberg.

Paul’s article serves to illuminate one easily understood AAT hearing. There have been many such travesties conducted over the last couple of years, much in the same style with the same result; a life, career and bank account decimated.

Solutions to John’s problem are thin on the ground and apart from lengthy, expensive court battles, which will end up back at the AAT there is nowhere else to go and no one to appeal to. Politicians mean well, but they are of little practical value, it’s too complex for the press to convey to the public and the industry seems incapable of getting behind even a simple issue like this and ‘sitting’ CASA on it’s well fed, tailored rump.

Almost everyone in GA has a CASA horror story, perhaps it’s time the industry fought back.

The skills, talent and horsepower required are available; I will start the ball rolling by volunteering my own.
I know, I know. Help I'm melting.