PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nav exam.. Request a little help!?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 04:44
GeeWhizz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it is allowed, would someone be so kind as to tell me the locations of the route that i shall have to plan in the exam (i shall be taking Paper 1), so i can measure them up before hand and be 100% certain i am happy with my tracks before i go in
I'm not going to, and actually I cant even remember them. You might be hard pushed to find anyone to do this for you too. Not wanting to sound too harsh, but as well as the advice above, do what the rest of us did: suck it and see.

More constructively, I had a scrap of paper next to me during the exams. When I'd finished the questions, on it I drew a line creating two columns. I revised each question and answer I'd given and judged whether I thought it was correct or I was unsure placing the question number in the appropriate column. If there were 75% in the 'correct' column, then the exam was over, if not I'd recheck the 'unsure' answers in attempts to get to 75%. Didn't always work mind

There are many things that we fail these exams on but for nav just be as accurate as you can. The answer you calculate may not be an option, so recheck and go for the nearest available. In another thread someone was using china graph pens to draw lines which compromise accuracy too for example. Air law is a difficult exam due to the 'legal-ese' language, the others arent so tough IMO.

It does sometimes surprise me why exams are left to last minute.com if they're going to have such an impact on the flying progression.

Last edited by GeeWhizz; 21st Nov 2011 at 05:13.