PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2011, 01:04
EISNN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would the 319's necessarily go to DUB? Maybe ORK or SNN with increased capacity on a W route that is currently operated by EI Regional? BHX/GLA/MAN??? I'm speculating of course. EI Regional aircraft could possibly be used then on introducing a new route or a route that's proving to more suitable to a ATR72 with more frequency on the same said route. I'd imagine that with the introduction of four 319's to their fleet they're planning clever - they have to. The A319's are ideal for an airline like Aer Lingus where there's a great network offered (if anyone remembers what EI offered 15+ years ago you'll know what I mean). Thing is that for both FR and EI some destinations EX DUB can't be making much of a profit if at all. EI are putting themselves in an ideal place where with the planning of EI Regional and the 319's gives them an opportunity to put themselves in a better (read 'profitable') place for a thin/competitive route market and therefore giving more frequency and price to their customers/potential customers. Next summer could prove to be a good fight for routes ex BFS, DUB, ORK and SNN. Great for us the punter.

That said ....... watch this space ......

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

PS is it true that EI may claim back the title of largest operator (passenger wise) in DUB for 2011? If so what routes are FR falling back on, dropped or losing passengers on? or is it that they've reduced their operations ex DUB during the entire year/Summer '11 in comparison to Summer 2010? Are there stats/figures that are available that we could see that sees which airline is doing better on passenger load wise?