PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CABAIR - General discussion for those involved.
Old 20th Nov 2011, 16:00
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the question I pose to everyone is how can the old Cabair close, then re-open as new Cabair and till claim to have all the history... please see the below quotes from there new website....

(From a take off nearly four decades ago Cabair are now one of the largest companies operating in the commercial pilot training sector worldwide. and further down....As a major supplier of quality First Officers and future commanders to international airlines, our customers have included British Airways, Flybe, Ryanair, Air India, Kuwait Airways, Royal Brunei Airlines and many others of a similar stature)

As they are a new company surley they have not actually trained anyone yet let alone for any airline mentioned above and how can the be the biggest with only one little school in Cranfield?....surely this is fraud!
I don't know the specifics of how this business has traded itself, but if it is indeed a new company (as in newly registered) and it is claiming an old (now defunct) company's trading history in its marketing material, then it is quite likely breaking the law in the UK. I would advise Trading Standards as the first port of call as they don't mess about...get on the wrong side of them and they will shut you down!

However, the ASA would also be good bet, especially as new standards for online advertising came intro force in the UK in March of this year.

As a matter of interest, this exact thing happened when a Midlands Flying School went broke a couple or years back...and I'm fairly sure, following a Pprune discussion, the offending web page disappeared...at least temporarily.