PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2011, 13:10
Landroger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Science Museum

I was recently able - for the first time in about twenty-five years - to visit the London Science Museum. Not only which, I was able to spend the whole day, on my own, with no children dragging me along. As always, the Aviation Gallery occupied a lot of my time there, but I was quite surprised that there is very little about 'our lady', when I should have thought she was sufficiently 'white heat of the technological revolution' to qualify for a whole display to herself?

Going on from remarks about tracing the number of 593s still around, there is one there. Right at the back corner of the Aviation Gallery, on a yellow trolley and next to an RB211. Very little explanation to it and none whatsoever of the astonishing intake/engine/thrust bucket combination.

The only other Concorde exhibit, that I could find, was a beautiful 'cut away' model, standing on a mirror. The model was so detailed and interesting, I took a photograph of it, as I did of the 593, but I find my "PPRuNe Posting Rule" do not allow me to post attachments.

Is it not slightly surprising that there is not more about Concorde there? After all, I was able to revisit an 'old friend' of mine - the original EMIScanner MkI CT scanner from Atkinson Morley's Hospital - that I used to look after back in the day.

Roger.