PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Nov 2011, 08:48
Wings23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I received a request for documents from Qatar last week advising that I meet the requirements for the second officer fast track position.

I supplied what I could - except for the MCC document. Where I fly it was not a requirement for the issue of my ATP and not currently required for the aircraft I am flying. To get an MCC certificate will require a fair bit of Sim time which I simply cannot afford.

1. Do you think that the above will be an issue and ruin my chances for an invite to interview? (I did explain my situation to them through my application form).

I have read through most of this thread but feel some information may be outdated.

2. How long can I expect to be in the Second officer position before an upgrade to First Officer? (4000tt 2000 Multi turbine command and a few hundred Jet)

3. What can I expect to earn as a Second officer?

4. Lastly, what was the waiting period(+-) for most after the 'send the required documents' request to the 'invite' email?

Thank you all for your time. If I have asked obvious questions, I do apologize, as I have said, I have browsed this thread and most of the info im looking for is pretty old. Or I am blind. One of the two.

Cheers,

Wings