PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anti British Airways
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2002, 13:27
Groundbased

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a frequent passenger I concur with Nigel PAX. I like BA and I like to support them whenever I get the choice of carrier.

From my standpoint as a customer I find their service to be very good quality. On my commute between LHR and Madrid the cabin crew are quick and efficient and are extremely professional/courteous with those loud, aggressive passengers who believe it is their right to bring mountains of hand luggage into the cabin – especially on Friday nights. The flight deck crew seem happy to answer questions and give information, and back in February this year the Captain came into the lounge to explain to us about the weather problems at LHR and the consequent delays due to only the short runway being in use (23??). I’ve never experienced that on any other carrier.

In short they do everything I want them to do and they do it well, whether its Business or Economy. I’ve had colleagues who like to bash BA but when you ask them to substantiate their dislikes they only come up with stuff that affects all carriers, like delays, technical problems, baggage handling etc. Sure, there are always things that are going to go wrong but when you look at the big picture I thinks it’s pretty good.

I can only speak as an outsider, but they seem to be a company that has shown the ability to change in a turbulent market, with improving results to show for it. Not easy for any large organisation.