PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet to trial allocated seating
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2011, 17:27
Out Of Trim

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Grumbles69, you're welcome!

Just for your information; If you can't get the DPNA information added at check-in for some reason, If you arrive early to the Gate. The Gate staff can still add this information at this late stage! Just come forward and explain the situation before boarding has commenced. Standard boarding at LGW is around -25 mins to departure. However, if the Crew and Dispatcher are ready before this, then it could well start earlier! So, I would try and reach the gate by at least -45 mins to departure if I were you!

As regards the allocated seating issue; easyJet's reservation system has never been set up for this. So, they will have to spend a considerable amount to create this capability. It would not only be a case of issuing seat numbers but, has weight and balance implications too. As this seating distribution would be used for the Final Loadsheet for Take-off trim settings. The system needs to be able to allocate seats in a sensible and balanced way! I look forward to seeing how the trials go!

Last edited by Out Of Trim; 19th Nov 2011 at 23:13.