PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet to trial allocated seating
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2011, 17:23
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easyflyer,
We did tell them last time we flew. We even took documentary evidence but we were told that as they could walk we were not entitled to help.
The main problem is crowds really upset them. It wasn't so bad out of STN, but coming back through DLM it was chaos. Even the speedy borders couldn't get through the gate because everyone was surging forward! Thank You for your reply.
My aunt regularly travels with EZY, mainly on the STAN/LTN-GLA/EDI route and is always with my autistic cousin they have never had any problems with gate staff letting them on with other pre-boarders. My cousin can walk, but like your situation, he can get irritable and stressed around lots of people. Perhaps a word at check in or even the ticket desk might make the gate staff see the situation differently.

PAXBOY,
Blimey, I didn't want a fight!
I can't see why there should be a charge for a seat number. Surely it can't cost any extra to Easyjet? When I book I pay for a seat. Why can't that seat be numbered? It's not rocket science.
In effect they are giving us a seat number for nothing, but in order for us to change it...well that's where they are going to rake in the extra money. In addition to my middle seat theory from a previous post, I wonder if the booking system will track peoples seat selection habbits and deliberately NOT give them that seat, or kind of seat (window for example) in order to get an extra bit of cash out of them...I'd like to think that won't happen, perhaps more of an FR thing....but I'd not be surprised.