PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long is Australian CPL vailid for?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2011, 14:09
lilflyboy262...2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for being worse than useless unhinged.

a) I have an Aussie licence, but I have not flown in aussie, nor read any of the regs. If I was about to start flying there however, I would read the air law book because there are a few things that are slightly different in each country.

b) I do not have my Aussie licence with me as I am flying overseas and do not want to lose it.

c) Not all of us spend our time teaching students this sort of thing, and the less practiced parts of the law, as opposed to give way rules, light signals and air spaces, tend to get forgotten.

Hence why help was asked for.

True that the time could have been taken in searching through the Regs online, but navigating the CASA website, just like any other civil aviation website, causes major headaches.
Its a bit easier to just ask the people in the know.

The reason why I wanted to know is that is is apparently it is easier to convert an Aussie licence to a Canadian licence than what it is to convert a NZ licence to a Canadian licence. So I was wanting to see if my licence was still valid to convert, not to fly on.

I was aware that they are a lifetime licence, but needed to know if there were anything silly like the 3 T/O and landings, or flight reviews to keep them Valid.

After reading Make it happen's post, it cleared a few things up, but raised another issue.

Is the medical required to make it VALID or is the medical required to excerise the privilage of flying PIC? You can fly without a medical... just not without an instructor.