PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long is Australian CPL vailid for?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2011, 13:18
millonario

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all for your answers, especially MakeItHappenCaptain for the extract from the regulations. Unhinged, take it easy mate. Questioning other pilots for their professionalism without knowing their background is a bit unfair in my opinion....

Anyways, the reason I asked this "easy" question was because I am back in my home country of Sweden and I am looking into converting my license to JAR. To do this, I need 100 hours PIC before going any further. At the moment, I have 82 hours, so I need 18 more. I talked to the authorities here about flying PIC without a JAR license and they said I can fly privately with my Australian CPL for 12 months as long as my license is valid throughout the time I will be exercising such operations. Basically, they said they don't care if I go and rent a plane tomorrow and start flying as long as I notify them I will be doing so and that I am aware of my obligations.

So let's see if I got this right: My CPL is valid forever and I can fly with it in Sweden for 12 months, but I need a flight review before flying PIC. Subject to the regulations, can the flight review be done in Sweden? The regulations don't state that the "appropriate person" has to be Australian.

Thanks again!