PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopean airlines pilot jobs - Warning
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2011, 13:12
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Story can be corroborated as two former colleagues of mine, from different continents recently left Ethiopian for similar reasons.

These two upstanding lads gave notice in accordance with the terms and conditions of their contracts. They flew up to the bitter end of their termination notice. In their last two weeks of service I advised them ensure the company issue certified irrevocable travel passes, signed by both officers of the airline and operations, to their home countries. During their time remaining, they were treated with the utmost disdain by management, and operations. Their first officers were encouraged by both management and operations to write up any infractions observed by these two captains. They are still trying to obtain their pay for their final month of service given to the company. They can pretty much write off their final pay as a hard lesson learned.

They are now at new airlines, one in the Middle East and one in China. One can only hope that management and or operations will not fabricate stories on these two which may affect their employment at their respective carriers. Fortunate they have copies of their records from start of training to their last check rides. After all as legitimate as Ethiopian may be, I’m sure they would never provide prospective employer or aviation agencies with falsified records.

Two things an employer should never interfere with are quality of life and compensation.