PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dispatcher training?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2011, 12:41
emorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The spelling should say enough but...

RE: How can u justify a testing system tht is carried out my your very same instructors? So say Eric has a personal problem with me he can decide to give me a hard time or better yet fail me

A: Well, if FAA approved because of our experience, and controlled and monitored by the FAA for PTS assurance, it is a good idea. If you'd like, I can recite flight school requirements or future airline training requirements which mandate methods that we are already authorized to perform. If you were a problem child at my school, you would have been warned or dismissed - we do not want bad distractions in our class. This happens once every 10-12 years, maybe. If we really sensed any personal issue, as a professional courtesy, you would have been examined by another person, who referred to a DADE. In the past, when a student would blame others for their own problems or blame the school, I simply give them my FAA inspector's contact info. There's never anything to hide and everyone in this profession knows that about Sheffield.

RE: Other schools prepare u for ur oral and practical exams and have external FAA instructors and pilots or ops control personnel to do d testing.why dosnt Sheffield do tht.?

A: answered already here and in another reply to be posted soon.

RE: The house I stayed in was a good 45 min walk from the school! Imagine coming to school already tired from such a long walk. I was never for once late. Until this particular day it stormed heavily while I was walking to school. I had to take shelter underneath a tree for about 10 mins so the rain could subside . I got into class soaking wet and do u know I was actually penalized for coming late???

A: That was my favorite. First, Sheffield housing consists of 1-2 houses that are MAXIMUM 15-20 minutes of a walk to the school. One other house is a MAXIMUM 5-7 minute walk. We offer to pick up students if the weather is bad. If the student chooses not to do so, there is this thing called an umbrella which is in the housing, that could help. Nobody is penalized for being late for oversleeping, stormy weather, etc.. unless it appears to be a daily issue. Then you simply make up time - it is quite simple.

RE: Long story short, Go to Sheffield at your own risk.

A: If you are lazy, a procrastinator, or an idiot, blamer, or whiner...y'know I kind of agree with this guy.
Sign your name next time, coward.
Eric Morris-President-Sheffield School of aeronautics (est. 1948)