PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dispatcher training?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2011, 12:25
emorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A plain shame to fib for your lack of ability and study

RE: look here..i was at sheffield in 2009 and it was the worst near 10,000$ i ever spent. they will take ur money and fail u! if u go there you are on your own!!
i had to retake the course at another school!!
Do NOT GO TO SHEFFIELD!!!
please!!!!

A: Do I really need to counter this? Seriously? Feel free to read my reply to the sad hubby above which should be posted soon.

the instructors suck, they just want u to study the gliem on your own.

A: Actually, Sheffield prefers to spend most of the class time instructing real-life material and concepts; therefore, we send Gleim prep material to students electronically to get ahead before they arrive, the students can ask questions after class regarding same material, can still study during the class until they feel comfortable to take the ADX test. We cover flight logs in class, and include ADX snippets throughout our instruction. Some students study, and some waste their time going to bars and watching TV - sad, but true. Some of our students went to ADX prep-only courses...at other schools - you can do the math as to what their total tuition became by attending a mill prior to Sheffield. We instruct students in order to help them find work, and keep it - not just for some piece of paper - I thought it was a good idea...

RE: plus they treat foreigners like trash!
A: Which obviously is why most of our students are international and Sheffield has the largest international airline customer list in the world.

RE: to make matters worse from the very first day they already tell u they will fail u.
A: Wrong again. We tell people on the first day that they need to study hard to pass. We want a 100% pass rate, but it is impossible if everyone does not study hard, and seek free tutoring daily after class, if needed. We feel it is fair to forewarn students so they don't lose all their money and they can drop out if they want. I call it good business. We were established in 1948, so it seems to be working.

RE: not to mention the fact tht the same pple who are instructors are also ur examiners! wheres the transparency in tht.
A: Never had someone whine about that one, but here goes: The FAA approved us as examiners because we have the most experience with instruction and practical exams in the world - no individual or school comes close. It's also nice to have an examiner who is familiar with your type, intensity of instruction, the materials, and having familiarity with the schools flight plan forms is nice. No outside examiners have the ability to conduct a proper, consistent exam without assistance from me, which I've done for 4 outside examiners who are also on call, if needed. We are monitored by the FAA and have NEVER had a problem.

RE: i only signed up to this forum to let everyone know not to go to sheffield..please!!
A: And it was a pleasure to rebut 'ur mis-pilled nonsinse.'
Sign your name next time, coward.
Eric Morris-President-Sheffield School of Aeronautics (est. 1948)