PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long is Australian CPL vailid for?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2011, 11:29
Unhinged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"my license is valid until I die." Which is printed on your licence as I said in my very first post. Nothing to do with 3 take-offs and landings as you incorrectly posted as fact.

"As it has always been for the 50 years I have held the license." In Australia licences are now permanently valid once issued, but that has certainly not been the case for all of the last 50 years. I don't care about your personal misperceptions any more than I care about your inability to spell; I do however care about you putting incorrect information out there, and proclaiming it to be the truth.

Lancair and MakeItHappen have it correct as far as they go, and that's all I'd ask. The additional information you need to be aware of relates to endorsements (which don't expire) and ratings (some of which do expire). Oktas8 is also correct, except that in the Australian aviation legal framework some ratings do expire - Command Instrument Ratings expire every year, and Instructor Ratings expire every one or two years depending on the circumstances; Night VFR ratings and Ag Ratings don't expire.