PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northcoast Aviation in PNG
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2002, 11:24
cleatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lake Evil, the best advice from this post is come up & look for yourself. See where you will fly, where you will live & talk to those who are here at present. I dont fly for NCA, but have been on there routes & the flying is not for everyone. Yes you will find the pay very ordinary, but even the company Im with pays very poorly, in comparison to Australia.

But take a look at the exchange rate, & the rocket scientists who are running this country at present. The political system up here is designed for the elite few who get into parliment to loot & pillage. You would be suprised the amount of times I get asked when is Australia coming back to run the place. Enough of that though!

The time in your logbook & the general life experience is all good. Do take note of what some of the earlier posts on the forum say, as some guys were royally f#*ked by the company.

You are your own person, so it is entirely up to you to make up your mind!!

And yes personal safety is an issue, I, as I imagine others have, have been held up at gun point on the way to work in Lae. They took all our flying gear simply for beer money to watch the State of Origin. So consider all factors.

There is only so many times you want a shot gun in your face during your life. Ive now had it happen once, & had another attempted holdup on the way back from work within the last few months!!!!!

Come visit tropical paradise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!