PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet to trial allocated seating
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2011, 08:44
grumbles69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allocated Seating

That's all good if you are a single traveler Capetonian. I fully agree that Easyjet do have a somewhat poor reputation. I have traveled with them several times and always been relatively happy with the service and feel that the reputation is somewhat undeserved.
The problem I have which has always tarnished the experience is that my partner and I have two Autistic children. Outwardly they don't have any signs of their autism, but inside they are having absolute fits regarding the crowds and entering an aircraft which to them is a strange environment. Easyjet have never been interested in helping us out. We don't get priority boarding because the kids are 7 and 13. We could pay for speedy boarding but as has previously been pointed out, it's a bit of a con. We also need to sit together. Generally on a 319/320 my partner and youngest sit in front whilst my oldest and I sit behind. There is no way that we would allow ourselves to be in a situation of maybe having to sit a few rows away from each other as if the worst happened I would not want to be fighting a screaming cabin going against the flow of people to help my other family members. So, I hope that they do allocate seating as I for one would take advantage of it even if it does 'irk' to pay extra. I just hope they trial it in July/August next year on their STN/DLM route!